2011年6月14日火曜日

Heart of a Child Mood
Sunday, June 12, 2011 from my journal of poems

The exhilarating feeling of being a child,

The laughter, joy, hope, assurance, excitement and peace,

Happy as could ever be.

A child celebrates the ups and downs of life,

Or perhaps, not being aware of the difference,

A turbulent storm comes,

But a child can see the enticing rainbow behind the foggy clouds.

When I am in turmoil, I just close my eyes, and

I look at myself as a child.

I see a child, hopping on a rice fields,

Smelling the fragrant air,

Gazing at the fluttering butterflies,

As I whisper to the wind,

I could fly too, as free as the butterfly.

I continue to walk towards the pond,

Observing how tadpoles swim under the lilies,

Imagining that those tadpoles are dolphins,

I see them swirling with the playful waves on a blue ocean.

I whispered to the waves, I too, I can swim gracefully like a dolphin.

I continued to walk towards the valley,

I saw myself bumped on a crooked rock,

My knees bleeding and saw little tears falling,

I sat and lovingly caressed my wounded knee,

As I say, that’s ok, tomorrow the wound will disappear.

The sun starts hiding; I could barely see the butterflies.

I wanted to play more and run across the valleys,

But all I could see is dimness that engulfed my playground.

I frowned for a while, and then a spark of anticipation in my eye,

As I look at my way towards home.

I walked with joy and excitement in my heart,

I will go home and savor Mom’s hot chocolate.

Tomorrow is another day,

I will return to my hiding place and fly with the butterflies.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿